Event: Canada-Ukraine Centre hosting
symposium in Saskatoon, scheduled for late September, 2009
Date Posted: May 22, 2009
The Canada-Ukraine Centre is hosting a symposium to
include universities, colleges, research centres, and industry. The
symposium theme is: Growing Canada-Ukraine Relations Through Science,
Technology and Business. It is tentatively scheduled for September 21
and 22, 2009, and will be held at the Edwards School of Business at
the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Key Symposium Topics:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Energy and Environment
- Health Care
- Commercialization of Technologies
- Representatives from Western Canadian universities,
colleges and research centres who have, or would like to establish
collaboration with universities, colleges and research centres in
- Representatives from Ukraine that will include
three Rectors (Presidents) from selected Universities and Colleges
in Ukraine, two representatives from the Ministry of Education and
Science of Ukraine, (one representing education and one representing
science) and a representative from the Science and Technology Centre
of Ukraine. One Rector already identified to be invited will be from
the Ivano-Frankivsk National University of Oil and Gas with whom the
University of Regina has been collaborating with for a number of years.
Another Rector under consideration is from the National Agricultural
University of Ukraine. A third possible Rector to be invited will
be from a medical university in Ukraine.
- Government officials.
- Industry Representatives.
- A two-day symposium with the first day devoted
to participant presentations on the selected topics. The second day
devoted to round-table discussions on how to move forward with growing
Canada-Ukraine relations through science and technology.
- The symposium will be held at the Edwards School
of Business facilities at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Tentatively scheduled for September 21 and 22,
- Long-term linkages, cooperation and joint projects
between Canada and Ukraine at the university, college, research centre
and industry levels as well as the establishment of processes for
the transfer of technologies in both directions and the associated
commercialization of these technologies.
Symposium Supporters to Date:
- Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of
- University of Regina
- Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and
- International Research Office, University of Saskatchewan
- Western Economic Diversification, Government of
- Canada-Ukraine Centre Inc.
« Back to main Latest
News & Events page