Mandate & Objectives
The Canada-Ukraine Centre Inc. seeks to bridge the scientific, industrial,
commercial and educational strengths of Canada with Ukraine and other
Eastern European countries as part of the continuing worldwide globalization
- Promote and support student exchange and
internship programs between Canadian and Ukrainian universities and
- Promote and support joint research projects between
Canadian and Ukrainian universities.
- Develop and operate an internet based virtual
information resource and exchange portal serving Canadian and Ukrainian
universities and colleges.
- Develop and implement a technology transfer mechanism
between Canada and Ukraine.
- Promote and support industrial and commercial
initiatives between Canadian, Ukrainian and other East European businesses.
- Work with other organizations in the development
of collaboration and linkages between Canada and Ukraine.
"The re-emergence of Ukraine as an independent
and democratic nation in the early 1990s brought new and exciting
opportunities for exchanges of information, both on a social-cultural
and on a technical-business basis. The nineteenth-century nation
had been largely agricultural and rural, but the nation which presented
itself in the 1990s was highly urbanized and industrialized, with
a large and active research and development sector and a well-established
science and technology institutional base."
- Steck & Associates. Report to the Canada-Ukraine
Centre Inc. April, 2005